New York Institute of Technology offers 90 degree programs, including undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees, in more than 50 fields of study, including architecture and design; arts and sciences; education; engineering and computing sciences; health professions; management; and medicine. A non-profit, independent, private, and nonsectarian institution of higher education, New York Tech has more than 10,000 students worldwide. Since 1955, New York Tech has pursued its mission to:
Students engage in real-world, hands-on experiences and work with award-winning faculty in fields ranging from engineering to education, arts to architecture, and management to medicine.
- Provide career-oriented professional education
- Give all qualified students access to opportunity
- Support applications-oriented research that benefits the larger world
Subgroups (11) View All
Community Partners (7) View All
Please take note of this information to prepare for any impact the Coronavirus (COVID-19) may have on your service-learning placement. Experiential Education will be in touch with your service-learning instructors and site supervisors to find alternatives to direct service, should direct service projects be cancelled.
Please do the following:
1. If you aren’t already, keep a log or record of where your progress is on your projects. Make it a Google document and share it with your service-learning instructor and service-learning supervisor so they can access it if need be. This will ensure that projects can continue if your supervisor can’t reach you.
2. Ensure that you receive company-wide emails, robocalls, or other communications so you will be informed if your service placement location closes.
3. Please keep Amy Bravo firstname.lastname@example.org and your service-learning instructor informed of what is happening at your site with regard to a potential emergency situation.
Lastly, ensure that you are getting New York Tech alerts. All information related to COVID-19 is here: https://www.nyit.edu/medicine/health_updates